Back to event listings page.
Thursday March 2, 2017 Breakfast Seminar
Presentation: Federal Government Digital Transformation
Matt's presentation will focus on federal government digital transformation priorities, key challenges impacting government, enabling them to meet their digital transformation goals/desired outcomes. The presentation will include text polls and practical day-in-the-life examples.
The theme is embracing the modern mobile workforce through digital transformation with key points focusing around digital transformation and business outcomes. More specifically addressing:
- Digital transformation and mobility priorities for feds. The need for digital transformation and what it means for government.
- Government strategic goals related to IT transformation outlined in the IT Strategic Plan and Blueprint 2020 (focus on complete network consolidation, modernizing workplace technology devices, and supporting a mobile workforce).
- Trends on growing mobile usage that will outstrip legacy fixed communication, workforce trends, and the need to engage in-person more effectively while still being able to communicate online and on the phone.
- Address challenges related to change management, business processes, and the need for change champions within government IT leadership. Recognition that replacing legacy technology with the next generation version doesn't facilitate transformation.
- Address the shift from output-based to outcome-based goals and desired outcomes: productivity and efficiency, cost reduction, employee and citizen engagement, public service delivery, connectivity across government, etc.
Presenter: Matthew Leppanen, Director of Product Management, UCC, Rogers Communications
|| Matthew Leppanen is currently the Director of Product Management in the Enterprise Business Unit at Rogers and is leading the strategy and development for the Unified Communications portfolio. He has been in telecommunications for over 16 years, the majority of which has been spent developing new solutions that transform the way we communicate. He is a graduate of the University of Toronto and also a Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional.
Suite 1800,150 Elgin St
- itSMF members Free
- Non-Members : $30 for prepaid
Please join us on Thursday March 2, 2017 at 7:15am for registration, networking and a continental breakfast. We'll start with introductions at 8:00am and wrap up around 9:30am.
Thank you to our supporting sponsors: