itSMF Canada is a forum for Information Technology professionals to explore methods of continually improving the support and delivery of IT services.
The forum allows members to exchange views, share experiences and participate in the continuous development of best practices and standards.
Additionally, the forum provides a range of value-added services to the membership. These services include an on-line library, discussion forums, ongoing regional and national events, an online book store with ITSM publications, membership discounts and more.
Our objectives are achieved through the following activities:
- Keeping members informed about local, national and international events and trends in ITSM.
- Organizing regular events to build knowledge and awareness about ITSM and to facilitate contact between ITSM professionals.
- Setting the events agenda and to ensure that they are complementary rather than competitive with other similar IT industry events.
- Reviewing any ITSM events worldwide and advertising them in Canada.
- Maintaining a membership list to facilitate contact between members.
- Maintaining a catalog of ITSM products, training and services available in Canada.
- Providing keynote speakers to IT events as required.
itSMF focuses on increasing the value our members provide to their organizations by promoting Subject Matter depth in:
- Designing and provisioning of cost-effective IT services that meet real business needs.
- Providing reliable, consistent, robust & adaptable service delivery.
- Offering compliant, secure and recoverable services.
- Ensuring proactive, responsive and business-focused support of services.
- Incorporating measurements & ‘lessons learned’ to improve service capabilities.